If you, a family member, or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, please call our 24/7 confidential crisis hotline at (856) 455-5555. If at any time you feel that you are at imminent risk of harm, please call 911 immediately.
Crisis intervention and screening for psychiatric admissions/commitments is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Guidance Center’s Emergency Crisis Screening Center provides screening, assessment, referral, linkage, and crisis stabilization services for those experiencing a mental health emergency.
Services are provided in either a secure environment with the availability of intensive medical support or directly in the community in a less restrictive, community-based setting. Our services are delivered in a culturally and linguistically competent manner recognizing the importance of trauma-informed systems of care.
- Assessment of an individual’s crisis situation and identification of stabilization, diversion, and support services needed, including commitment
- Provision of emergency and consensual treatment including extended crisis evaluation beds
- Crisis and early intervention counseling
- Referral to the most appropriate, least restrictive treatment setting
- Psycho-educational and/or supportive services to consumers and family members who are involved at the time of initial crisis
- Operation of a 24 hour/7 day hotline answered by a certified screener